Sunday, September 13, 2009

Five Months Old Today

Today is Seren's five month "birthday." The time has really gone by terribly fast. Five months is where I start to really remember G as a "person," when his personality really started to come out and I got to really know him. Its tough not getting to do that with Seren. Its tough to see that she isn't past a newborn stage of development to see a personality shine through. Its difficult to watch days pass and milestones pass her by.

I'm glad Seren is well-cared for and comfortable. I'm glad a place exists where she can receive the necessary medical care and where I can rest easy that Seren, as well as every other child, is loved, appreciated, and taught to thrive in their own individual capacity. Her community is larger than one I could give her, and I know she benefits from all that care. I love how each nurse has their own individual special interest-one delights when she turns her head, one when she pushes a button or reaches an arm, one when she takes a paci-its a special thing to see a group of people, who care so much for her, working with her in various ways. I know it will aid in her development to have so many people working with her in so many different areas. I am grateful to them beyond measure or words. It has taken a lot of people, a lot of work and a lot of love to get us all to this five months point. Even though its a very short period of time, five months is much longer than the doctors told us to expect and quite an achievement. So congratulations Little S! We love you. xoxo, mom

P.S. We have also hit the 500 mile mark just in time for Seren's five month birthday! We are at 513.3 miles-Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't post sooner. I was out of town when you wrote this. I was just thinking about you and Seren and thought I'd check in for an update. Happy 5 month Birthday, Seren!! She has touched my life in such a special way. I think about her every day. She and Brendan will always been connected in my heart. I really hope that they can meet someday. She is a miracle and while she may not be meeting the regular milestones, she is making her own strides each day. Her accomplishments are much bigger and more important than the ordinary ones. She is a miracle, a beautiful, wonderful miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete