Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010!

The Windley family is seriously excited about putting the last decade behind us! It took me a while to realize that instead of just a new year we were saying goodbye to the 2000's (what do you call that-the millennium decade or something?) Ten years ago, I ushered in 2000 in New York with a bunch of friends from law school and graduated and got my first job later that year. I met Lance in 2001. This has been one incredibly eventful decade.

This year, we spent New Years Eve roasting oysters with some great friends. It meant a lot to me to be with these people who have been so wonderful and supportive of us in the last year, and whom we could just be ourselves around. It was a really fun evening.

On New Years Day, Lance took G "hiking" in the backpack over to see Seren. Once they got there, I went and picked them up. It was time for Seren to eat while we were there, and since Seren is fed through a tube and a pump hanging on a pole, we had to roll the pump with us to the family room. G was determined to roll the pole "all by myself," and bless his sweet little heart, he did it. It took a while, but he rolled it all the way there and all the way back with Lance carrying Seren behind him. I was quite proud of my sweet and determined little guy. It was great start to the next ten years.

xo

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got a picture of G rolling the pole! Yes, a lot has happened to all of us the past 10 years. I remember you graduating from law school, waiting to hear if you'd passed the Bar and then the swearing in here in Raleigh! Then you were off to work at your first job with Dana in the same office. Remember "Special Dinner" at our house? We really had alot of fun at those dinners. Then you met Lance . . .and the rest is history, as they say. Best wishes to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, a whole new decade is starting. Amazing! This past year especially has been so full of ups and downs. Your strength is an inspiration. Seren is so blessed to have you as her Mommy. She is a miracle and I think about her often. G is such a good big brother!! I love reading your updates. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here! Sending love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete