Saturday, June 6, 2009

FINALLY!

Well last night after a trip to urgent care where I was informed I had a sinus infection and an ear infection (what am I-a five year old?) I was told that I could go look at Seren while wearing a mask. After 24 hours on antibiotics I'll be able to hold her again. So last night at eight o'clock I tore over to see baby girl as fast as I could. She looked so big! She has definitely grown this week. She is also somewhat of a night owl so she was wide awake and very alert. She kind of turned her head when I came in so I don't know if she heard my voice or could detect a shadow at the side of the bed. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part on either count. Either way, it definitely was wonderful to see her and I'm counting the minutes until I can hold her.

Seren will be having a very social Saturday. My mom and grandmother are coming to town so my grandmother can meet Seren (Poor Dad got stuck at home watching the dogs). I can't wait to get a picture of four generations of the "jen" names in one place. My parents have been great about coming to Raleigh to visit and help us. I added up their time in the car since Seren's birth and it came to over forty hours! Seren also gets to see her other grandparents today. Lance's parents have been wonderful about coming to visit Seren. They come and hold her and cuddle her at least two times every single week. It warms my heart to know that when I can't be there Seren is still getting lots of love and family time. Lance's parents moved about an hour away from us last summer and I must say that it has been great having them so close. All of our parents have been so supportive of Seren and of our situation in general. Seren is a lucky girl to have four such wonderful loving grandparents and to get to meet her great-grandmother today! Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have all the parents within driving distance and able to share so much with you all and especially with Seren. I would agree that God has truly blessed Seren. I'm anxious to see some pictures of all "the Jens"!

    ReplyDelete