Sunday, June 28, 2009

Progress

Last weekend, Seren started having more seizures. The duration wasn't as long, and they didn't seem as severe, but she was having them with increasing frequency. Then, on Tuesday she broke out in hives. They were all over her body from head to toe. Poor baby just did not look like she felt good at all. On Wednesday she had her two month well-check at the pediatrician. He looked her over, said her ear was still infected and that the hives were an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. She was having a seriously rough week! After conversations with multiple doctors, Seren was placed on a new anti-seizure med and a new antibiotic. Thankfully the new system seems to be working - within 24 hours she was looking a thousand times better and showing improvement on all fronts!

My mom has been in town since Tuesday to help us out. G is spoiled rotten (and frankly, so are Lance and I). The timing was nice since mom was able to watch Gray and help out at home which allowed me to focus on what we needed to do to make Seren more comfortable. Mom also helped get Gray out of the house for some summertime fun and even got Lance and I out for a couples night. Mom is leaving today despite our best efforts to convince her she should move in permanently:)

After her big week, Seren had a huge development yesterday. We aren't positive- but yesterday both mom and I thought we saw Seren smile! Even the possibility was thillling. It was a fantastic ending to a long week!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week with your Mom there to spoil everyone!! Sorry I missed seeing her. Coming from one mother to another, I'm sure you saw your baby girl smile!!! What a milestone for Seren. Still praying for you. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I just KNOW she was smiling! We are continuing to pray each day and I'm so glad that Jeanette was able to spend some time with you all there for a few days. Thanks for keeping us all up to date on dear Seren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This past winter, Caitlyn had the same thing-- an ear infection and then hives as an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. It just breaks your heart when you try to fix one thing and it causes something else. I'm so happy that Seren is on the road to recovery now!

    It's great that your Mom could spend some time with you all. It's great to hear that you got a date night!! You need it, it's so important to keep your spirits and your marriage strong. You all have been through so much, you deserve it!!

    As for the best news of the update, Seren's smile!! I know you saw it! Some people say that babies can't smile so early but I don't believe it! I saw both of my babies start smiling at 2 weeks and I know Seren is smiling too. She is telling you that she loves you!!

    Sending love and prayers as always!

    ReplyDelete