Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Maybe?????

Seren's new seizure medicine seems to be working!!!!! The third medicine was the charm. She is a tiny bit drowsy but her seizures are greatly improved. She seems so comfortable and content now. It is a wonderful wonderful answer to prayer! Its so great to be able to hold her and not worry that at any moment she is going to go into a painful looking episode. We are going back to Duke tomorrow to see another geneticist. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to get out of this appointment, but it would be great to walk in and have the doctor say that she treated a baby with the exact same symptoms and it was "x" so that we can have an answer and be done with the uncertainty as it relates to a diagnosis.

Seren has started school (she's an overachiever clearly) where her reaction to stimulus has been quite encouraging. She's also been making efforts toward taking a paci. This would be huge. I'm so very sorry but in addition to being a great stride in her development, I think paci's are just adorable. She also got her first pair of fancy pants. I searched everywhere to find a pair small enough but I finally uncovered some. They are so stinking cute! Hopefully a picture will be forthcoming. I must admit that girl clothes are fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is the most wonderful "maybe" that I have ever read!! I pray every day that the Drs find ways to make Seren feel better. It is fantastic to hear that her seizures are greatly improved. I know our prayers are working!! I hope you are able to get some answers from the GC. I know the uncertainty is hard to bare. I love to hear that Seren is an overachiever (of course, we knew it all along!) I hope she'll take a paci. I was never a fan until Brendan was in the NICU (Caitlyn is a thumb sucker, also cute). But Brendan took a paci in the NICU and I fell in love with it. I hope Seren will too!! You are right, dressing a girl is so much fun...like a little doll!! Sending love and prayers, Maureen

    ReplyDelete