Monday, July 6, 2009

July Already?

Its a Monday which means Seren is another week older. She's thirteen weeks today if my math is correct (and frankly, it may not be-Lance is the sole numbers oriented person in the family). Time is flying and baby girl is definitely getting bigger. She's not on any charts but she is still outgrowing clothes and looking bigger. Her hair is starting to curl a little, which, really, we all knew would happen sooner or later. You just can't entirely escape the curly hair! Several of her nurses agree with me that she smiles in response to certain stimulation which is just thrilling for all of us!!

Medically, Seren's ears seem to have cleared up but her seizures remain problematic. We are working with several doctors to adjust her medicine to try to get the seizures under control. The good news is that other than the seizures Seren seems to be doing rather well. One of her eyes seems to be slightly less opaque than it was at birth. We were told that sometimes this can happen. Her vision would remain restricted in that eye but we will take any improvement we can get. We do think that she can hear some sounds and perhaps see shades of light. I've been taking my ipod and playing it with the ear buds about four inches away from her ears. I think she maybe liked the "Rainbow Connection" but she was definitely not a Sinatra fan. Oh well-points for trying I guess. Tomorrow maybe I'll try some Coldplay or Elvis or something:)

2 comments:

  1. Now you know Seren just had to have some curly hair. :) It is exciting to know that she is smiling for you. I am sure she knows your voice. Yes! You must try some Elvis for her. We're still praying for you all. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the time go so fast? I can't believe that she is 13 weeks old already!! It's great to hear that she is growing and that her hair is curly, too cute! I will pray that the Drs can get her seizures under control. I know they will find a way to help her. You are doing such a wonderful job taking care of her. I'm sure she loves the music and you'll know her tastes soon. Maybe some country music? (just my preference!) ; ) Sending love and prayers as always!!

    ReplyDelete