Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Its been a while!

I just realized it has been a really long time since I made any posts about Seren. I have been traveling around with G a good bit-making sure he enjoyed his summer. Lots of our friends have been wonderful about inviting us to the beach or for visits and we have really enjoyed catching up with the people we love and getting to escape the heat.

Seren turned four months old last week. She got dressed up in the most adorable dress that Lance's mom gave her to celebrate. I didn't get any pictures because I forgot my stupid camera! Lately, Seren has been working on sucking on paci's--the success of that venture all depends on her mood. Some days she hates it and some days she will go to town for half an hour or more. She also went to the classroom and got propped up in a chair-she repeatedly reached out to a mylar pom pom placed in front of her with her right hand. The difficulty is determining whether her movements are purposeful or by chance but the more she does something the more there is an indication that her actions are purposeful. She also seems to pay attention to sound, noise and even hearing a book read. Her small victories are what keeps us going.

As for me-the running is going pretty well. Lots of people have contacted me about donating miles. Thank you!!!! If you just want to let me know I'll put up a post at the end of each month showing where we are. I'm trying to find a way to put up some sort of application on the blog where people can enter their own on a counter. I think we may get together some groups to do some 5k's too-of course most days I have a hard time getting it together so those things may take a while. I can't believe this summer is almost over and its back to school time already. Hopefully, I'll be better about posting when school starts and we get back into a set routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment