Monday, August 3, 2009

The Journey of a Thousand Miles...

A while back one of my friends posted on Facebook that she had heard a good way to ensure a good run is to run "for" someone else. She dedicated her run that day to Seren. It was very sweet. I have been running off and on since my very non-illustrious days on the high school cross country team. I started running again about a month ago since I desperately need to get back into pre-baby shape and I need a good stress reliever.

I like to make fun of Lance for making statements that are overly dramatic about simple events. After my first run I came back and told him I had not made it very far at all to which he replied "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." He must have memorized a bunch of those inspiration posters at some point in his life:) Even though he tends toward the corny sometimes, he does have a point (which is one of the many reasons I love him). So in the interest of public accountability and potential humiliation I'm putting this out there. I am going to run a thousand miles for Seren. Maybe with a little help from my friends?? I'm starting today and my goal is to have a thousand miles by Seren's first birthday-April 13, 2010. Anybody who wants me to count their miles toward the goal just shoot me an email. I'll try to update the progress about once a month or so as a reminder to myself to be thankful for what we have and what we can do and to take that time in honor of Baby S.

Happy trails to me! YIKES!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I sent you an email, write back when you have time. Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer....could "running around" count!?! ha...I'm just not a runner but I do hope that many will join you. I will "run interference" for you by praying for Seren and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in! I just started running too. Ran a total of 9.5 miles last week that you can count in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer, I'm not a big runner but I manage to do a little each week and would love to contribute to your total. You can count me in for 10 miles since I've started counting. Please tell Lance hello and keep on running. It is such a good stress release for me. It definitely makes me a happier momma!!! Take care, Susan Walsh

    ReplyDelete