Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Moving Day

Seren had a VERY big day yesterday. She "graduated" from the NICU and is no longer far far away in Chapel Hill. She's right here in Raleigh! We have been incredibly fortunate to find a facility that is close to our home that specializes in care for medically fragile children just like Seren. She has around the clock nursing care by a highly trained staff. We get to provide for her just as if she was in our home-clothes, diapers-all the fun and blessed things a family gets to provide for their new child. We can visit as much as we like, have private time with her and get to her very easily. It is truly an answer to prayer to know that our baby girl is so close to us and so safe and cared for. While we are not with her, (and I know I have said this before) I really do believe that she is being watched over by angels that just happen to walk on this earth.


Although Seren is still in congestive heart failure and her diagnosis is uncertain we are confident she is not suffering. Right now we take things day by day and take comfort in knowing that she is loved and receiving excellent medical care. We are blessed that we have been given this opportunity to know that we are doing everything possible for Seren. We are also looking foward into being able to establish a routine and create the new definition of normal for our family that allows everyone to receive the love and care they need to thrive.

P.S. Speaking of normal....if we can just remove the CDs that Grayson wedged into our computer last night I will be able to post some more pictures of Seren from this weekend. The outcome of that attempt is entirely dependent on Lance's mechanical abilities (I'd feel more confident about the success of that venture if our computer ran on two wheels).

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Seren on "graduating"!! I'm sure it is wonderful to have her closer to home. I'm very happy that you have the ability now to provide for her, clothes, diapers and other fun Mommy things! : )

    I'm sorry that her future is still so uncertain. You are doing the right thing by taking everything one day at a time. That is really all you can do. Seren is a miracle and a blessing. God will watch over and protect her. I pray for her everyday.

    PS-you made me laugh with the Grayson/CD story. Good luck getting them out of the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! You are just a "hoot" and such a good writer! Now...with that out of the way, let me know how exciting to know that Seren is closer to you and in such good hands and such a positive situation in so many ways. We're still praying for God's watch over her and for peace and comfort to all of you. It seems that God is providing in so many ways. Now...for those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    I don't know if you will remember me or not-My maiden name was Sondra Womack-we used to car pool with you guys when you were a little girl. :)
    I ran into your dad on Wednesday and he told me about you and your family and gave me this website address.
    I just want you to know that you have encouraged me by your strength, your faith and your testimony. I have been praying for you and your entire family. I hope that you are encouraged and lifted up and ministered to in every way that you need to be during this unbelievably tough time. It sure sounds like you have grown into a beautiful, strong and loving young woman, wife and mother. Your precious little baby girl and the rest of your sweet family will constantly be in my prayers and those of my family as well. Take care and I pray that God will bless you beyond imagination or comprehension and give you an overwhelming peace that only He can give.
    Love,
    Sondra Womack Barton

    ReplyDelete