Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Very Busy Weekend

Seren's heart is continuing to deteriorate. On Friday night she gave the night staff quite a scare that resulted in Lance and I rushing to UNC. However, baby girl once again proved everyone wrong and showed some improvement. We were able to spend both Friday and Saturday night with her in a family sleeping room at the hospital. During the days. Seren met some more of her "girlfriends", and her primary nurse and I were able to put a bow in her hair and dress her up in some of her cute outfits and blankets. It was fun to enjoy some girly time. Over the weekend we have been able to get in lots and lots of family time with her. Grayson went over to see her again and we were able to get some formal portraits taken.

One of the biggest and best moments of the weekend was that we got to take Seren outside. Since the moment I was told Seren could not see or hear I wracked my brain of a sensory experience I could give to her. The main thing I could think of was for her to feel the sun on her face. I wanted her to experience outside. Yesterday we were able to put her in a snazzy NICU stroller and take her outside to the hospital garden for a while. The weather was perfect and I think she could tell she was somewhere new. I hope she liked it. It was a dream for her we were able to make come true.

We don't know what the future holds, but I feel we have made the most of these last few days. Above all else we have been assured that Seren is comfortable. It is something that gives us peace and allows us to rest. It is one thing for which we can be very grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I am so happy you had this family time together. I know it was special for all of you! Your strength and determination encourage me each and every day! I continue to pray for all of you!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer & Lance,

    I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with your daughter this weekend! We continue to lift you all up in our prayers. Seren is a child of God and He will do what is best for her. I can tell God has given you amazing grace and wisdom in knowing how to handle everything. Keep trusting in Him and He will show you the way. Please call us if you need anything!!

    Love,
    Rita & Jim Jennings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    I love the positive attitude that shines through your updates. It's wonderful that you were able to have some girl time and take Seren outside. Everyday with her is such a gift. She is a very special little girl and really is a miracle. I think of her and pray for her everyday, as well as your whole family. Thank you for posting the updates. I look forward to hearing how Seren is progressing. Stay strong, stay positive, you are doing a FANTASTIC job of taking care of her. She is loved and prayed for by more people than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jennifer and Lance, How thrilling to know that Seren is not suffering and was able to experience some sunshine and ourdoors life. Your time with her was and is truly a gift. We are continually praying for all of you and my God continue to give you amazing strength and peace. Love, Terrie

    ReplyDelete