Thursday, April 30, 2009

This Way and That

For some reason this week I have been thinking a lot about a roller coaster Lance and I rode somewhere (I can't remember where exactly) that was indoors so you couldn't see where the ride was going. When the ride started, it jerked you from side to side instead of the up and down motion I had expected. It was an odd sensation. This last week has been a lot like that ride. We can't see exactly where we are headed and we keep getting pulled in all sorts of directions.

Seren's condition generally remains unchanged. She has had a few cardiac episodes that are most likely seizures. We know that this development is not encouraging for a long term prognosis but we have no definite information on exactly in what way she will be affected. Since we don't have a clear picture of what is going to happen physically, it has been incredibly difficult to put a plan in place for her long term care. However, should she be afforded the chance to leave the hospital, we have had a truly miraculous door open for us. Without going into details right now, I'll just say that I am now convinced that angels walk this earth. As we wait to see what the future holds, I cherish my quiet mommy time with Seren and the moments we spend with her.

G is doing well. We have been able to keep him on his schedule. I'm grateful for both his Mother's Morning Out program and his wonderful babysitter. Both of these outlets have allowed him to maintain a sense of normalcy and allow Lance and I time to focus on Seren.

We are growing fat on all the delicious food that regularly appears at our door and which helps even more than I can say (especially when we sprint into the house back from the hospital right at dinnertime). I won't mention any one person specifically in this blog since its a public forum and since I am afraid that I would forget a thank you and cause offense to someone inadvertently. As it stands, I will be writing thank you notes for the next ten years.
I always knew we were surrounded by wonderful and amazing people but the miles and miles (literally and figuratively) that our friends have gone for us and our beautiful baby girl are astonishing. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. We love you dearly.

To everyone who has called or emailed-thank you. We try to keep up and respond to every communication but right now we are just not able. People have told me they are worried they won't find the right words or are worried they will upset us. Please know that just hearing from people is encouragement. I promise that every communication that we have received has touched, helped, aided and assisted us in this journey. We feel the prayers for Seren and I believe she can too. Thank you for your care and concern and for taking time to read about our precious baby.

Peace and love,
The Windleys

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I did not know you were expecting until I saw a comment on Facebook to keep you and family in our prayers. I am so amazed by your strengh and encouragement that you have displayed. I can not get you and baby Seren off of my mind and want you to know that I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers. I can not imagine what you and your husband have experienced over the past few weeks but it sounds like you have a great support system and the most important thing lots of Prayers! Keep looking up!

    Dawn Fisher Richardson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks for the update. Just know that I don't expect to hear from you personally, I know how busy you must be. You have so much on your plate, just providing these updates is wonderful. I have been checking your blog each day hoping to hear the latest on Seren. I think of and pray for her and your family every day. A rollercoaster seems a very fitting analogy for your current experience, full of ups and downs. I pray you get more "ups". I'm very happy that you have the support that you need from friends and family. I wish I could do more but please know I'm here if you need/want to talk. My shoulder is always available. I pray that God will keep Seren in the palm of his hand and love and protect her each day. I pray that she improves a little each day (or a lot) and that you continue to get the support that you need. Sending you love and prayers, Maureen

    ReplyDelete